Stern Security has published cybersecurity research, protection recommendations, strategies, created open-source tools, been featured in the news, and more. The research and blog posts within the site are organized into the following groups. The full blog can be viewed here.
- Red Team vs Blue Team vs Purple Team Cybersecurity RolesA well-run cybersecurity team operates like a beautiful orchestra, each individual knowing their part and contributing to the same goal. A cybersecurity team may consist of team members wearing numerous hats ranging from … Read more
- Top Tips to Stay Safe OnlineBackground Technology has dramatically changed almost all aspects of human life, giving us amazing communication ability, a healthcare revolution, financial opportunities, and safe energy, all growing at exponential rates. These benefits become risks … Read more
- Facebook (Meta) Healthcare and Tax Payer BreachesOver the past year, news outlets have been buzzing about Facebook, now called “Meta”, collecting vast amounts of data from healthcare organizations and tax return companies. Some of these companies are announcing breaches … Read more
- 2023 Velocity Healthcare Data Breach ReportIn its second annual Velocity healthcare data breach report, Stern Security has critically analyzed over 5,000 data breaches since the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) began tracking the information in 2009. … Read more
- WRAL TechWire Covers Velocity at Venture ConnectWRAL TechWire, the leading technology news publication in the Carolinas, highlighted Velocity at the top of their Venture Connect conference coverage. Jon Sternstein, the Founder and CEO of Stern Security, took the stage … Read more
- Top 5 Tips for Choosing a Cybersecurity ProductThere are hundreds of cybersecurity products on the market and it can be difficult to select one between the noise. Do you select a cybersecurity product based on an alert you see on … Read more
- CISA Releases the Zero Trust Maturity Model 2.0In April of 2023, CISA released version 2.0 of their Zero Trust Maturity Model. What is CISA? The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is a U.S. federal agency that is responsible for … Read more